Everyone wants a whiter smile. It is one of the first things people might notice when they meet you and a picture perfect grin may make the right first impression. But if your teeth are discolored, you may find yourself trying to hide your smile, covering your mouth when you laugh or even avoiding having your picture taken.
Although there are plenty of products on the market, the best and safest way to brighten your teeth is with a whitening treatment provided by our dentist, Dr. Jenny Hawkins. Our whitening for life program allows you to take it home so you can whiten your teeth at your convenience.
But whitening your teeth is only part of the process. It will be up to you to make sure that your smile is still dazzling and here are some suggestions to help you do just that:
– Tobacco will stain your teeth brown, and nicotine can turn them yellow, so now is the perfect time to kick the habit.
– Obviously, red wine can stain your teeth, but white wine has a very high acid content which can also discolor your teeth.
– Marinara sauces, dark berries and other foods can stain your teeth, along with coffee and tea.
– If you regularly enjoy dark colored foods and beverages, you should do so in moderation.
– It’s also a good idea to drink plenty of water, especially if you are eating or drinking things that can stain your teeth.
– Of course, you need to brush your teeth for two minutes at a time twice a day, floss at least once a day, and see your dentist for your regular appointments.
If you want to turn up the volume on your grin with a whitening treatment in Lexington Park, Maryland, why not make an appointment at Pax Dental. Please call 301-863-8822 today and we’ll schedule you for a visit. We look forward to helping you enjoy your summer with your brightest smile!